Spend More Time Enjoying Your Dog And Less Time Managing Their Behaviour.
If you’re struggling with behaviour concerns like recall, big barking, leash reactivity, resource guarding, aggression or fear and anxiety issues, we know how frustrating it can feel. We’ll help you turn those feelings of frustration and worry into a sense of accomplishment knowing you’re finally getting on top of your dog’s behaviour.
Behaviour modification is an in depth program that uses a variety of approaches with the goal of changing how a dog feels, think and then acts. Common challenges that are addressed through behaviour modifcation plans may include resource guarding, fear of people, dogs, situations; rescue dogs adapting to their new home, recall, nervousness at the groomer or vet etc.
With behaviour modification you can expect that we will use reward based training techniques, games and other strategies to gradually improve your dogs physiological and emotional welfare, so that they can learn to act differently.
Techniques we don’t use: tools such as electronic vibration, shock, prong, spray, physical corrections or techniques intended to stop or suppress the outward behaviour using discomfort, fear, anxiety or pain.
We do not provide guarantees – aside from it being unethical to guarantee the behaviour of another sentient being; outcomes vary by dog, individual guardians, family, environment and many other variables. Check out the Humane training resources at the bottom of this page for more information.
Behaviour Modification services are provided in a combination of virtual and/or in-person at our discretion.
Consultation & Assessment Includes
The initial consultation is an 90 minute behaviour assessment done via zoom. We engage in an in-depth discussion and assessment of your dog’s history and current challenges, your goals.
The initial consultation is done virtually via zoom. From the comfort of your home, your dog can remain relaxed while we review information and discuss suitable training options.
In this way, your dog gets to learn with you, without the stress of a stranger, new environment and other distractions, and the progress often goes much faster!
Video clips may be requested prior to the session. Clear instructions will be provided on how to capture NOT create behaviours, and how to submit the videos.
We will also discuss training methods and approach and together lay out the behaviour modification plan and goals.
After the initial consultation, clients may choose to enrol in a behaviour modification package. Follow up lessons may be done virtually or in person as appropriate (see section on “Follow Ups” below).
During the session you will receive
+ An indepth discussion of your dog’s behaviour challenges, potential motivations and contributing factors
+ Immediate management strategies to help prevent your dog from rehearsing the unwanted behaviour
+ If appropriate, introductory level training steps to take, with step by step teaching for you and your dog
+ Suggestions and recommendations on what a behaviour modification plan would include for your specific situation and dog, should you decide to proceed with behaviour modification package.
Within 4 business days after the consultation you will receive:
+ Written summary of management and training recommendations. If appropriate links to handouts or resources to support these activities.
Follow Up Training Sessions Include
Depending on the amount of practice and implementation you are able to do with your dog each week, your sessions may be weekly or bi-weekly.
- 45 minute training sessions in 1, 4 or 8 session packages. The first session after your consultation will be virtual, this helps us ensure that you have a foundation level before we consider adding the distraction of another person (me!), subsequent sessions may be in person or virtual as appropriate.
- Hands on training practice and feedback
- Detailed written learning and practice plans for each stage of your dog’s training – per behaviour
- Ongoing assessment and evaluation of progress during the program
- Video tutorials and/or handouts for each technique in your training plan
- Progress checklist to help keep you on track
- Support via email or drop in virtual office hours
- Access to our training community with people who have been in your shoes.
Note: In person sessions are held at our sole discretion. Client compliance to safety and management requirements prior to the appointment will be reviewed extensively prior to agreeing to an in person session. Tasha has been able to do this work with clients only because safety is our first priority, for herself, her clients and their dogs.
Additional sessions may be purchased $90 at our location or $125 – $160 at your home.
Lite Training Package90 min consult + 1 follow up
- 90 minute behaviour consultation & assessment done via zoom
- An indepth discussion of your dog’s behaviour challenges, contributing factors and training approach
- Immediate management strategies to help prevent your dog from rehearsing the unwanted behaviour
- Within 4 days, you will receive an actionable training plan. If appropriate, links to handouts or resources to support these activities will be provided
- 1 x 45 minute follow up to be completed within 2 weeks of the consultation date. See section above “Follow Up Includes” for additional details. Additional sessions may be required.
Standard Package5 sessions in 2 months
- 90 minute consultation & assessent via zoom plus:
- 4 x 45 minute follow up training sessions, zoom or in person option in PEC
- Customized training plan with detailed progress steps and instructional resources
- Feedback between sessions via email, drop in hours and video submission
- a library of tutorials for your reference
- 3 months access to our client support community.
- Valid for 60 days from consultation date.
- See section above “Follow Up Includes” for additional details. Additional sessions may be required.
Intensive Behaviour Modification Package8 sessions in 3 months
- 90 minute consultation & assessment via zoom
- 7 x 45 minute follow up training sessions, zoom or in person in PEC
- Customized training plans with detailed steps and instructional resources
- Feedback between sessions via email, drop in hours, and video submission
- Library of tutorials for your reference
- 4 months access to our client support community
- Valid for 90 days from consultation date.
- See section above “Follow Up Includes” for additional details. Additional sessions may be required.
Ready for a behaviour boost?
When you select your date, you’ll then be prompted to complete a new client information form, as well as a training agreement. An invoice for the consultation fee will follow and is due upon receipt. Completion of these steps will reserve your consultation date.
We highly recommend Tasha to anyone looking for a dog trainer specialized in separation anxiety and reactivity. When our puppy started to exhibit these behaviours, life became so much harder and we were at a total loss. We could not leave her for even one minute without her being very distressed. Fortunately, we found Tasha. She was always supportive and so understanding of the challenges in those early days. She not only helped us understand our dog’s behaviour, but also connected us with a wonderful community of owners going through the exact same experiences. Although we live several hours away from her, the option of online classes and support through text/email/zoom made the distance disappear. We are able to leave her now for hours at a time and get ours lives back. More importantly, our pup is now a much healthier, calmer and more confident version of her younger self!
“UPDATE: It’s been a few months since we took the Roaring to Relaxed course with Tasha and just recently we have seen an incredible transformation in my dog – the result of sticking with this program- she is calm around other dogs, does a proper nose to tail greeting and is 100% more relaxed – it’s like i have a different dog in the end of the leash i couldn’t be happier or recommend this course more highly (what follows is my review just after we took the course).”
“Tasha is an amazing trainer – we have been working with her for the past 10 weeks to deal with reactivity issues and I feel like I have an extraordinary tool kit now to help my dog. She has been making steady improvement. The course is thorough and Tasha provides continues and varied feedback (in person, over videos, through the online zoom sessions, emails and text). I give this course my highest recommendation — we have been through several trainers and Tasha is the best.”
“We started working with Tasha when our British Bulldog, Miss Mable, was about 5 months old. Within a session we were working on basic commands and addressing pressing issues (potty training!). As COVID lifted and we started to go out more, alone time and separation anxiety also became a concern. With Tasha’s support and her compassionate, methodical systems, it was a straightforward process to ensure she was calm when we left. Mable is now a happy, confident teenager who loves to walk, cuddle and play with respect. We will continue to work with Tasha throughout Mable’s life to ensure ongoing progress and fun. Thank you Fearless Tails!”
We were looking for a trainer that we could work with over multiple sessions to help with our Bernedoodle pup Seba’s adolescent phase. We wanted to focus on leash walking (our pup was pulling the leash A LOT), how to greet visitors (especially since we haven’t had many because of COVID) and recall. The meet & greet with Tasha was super helpful – I immediately felt comfortable that we would be working with her and felt confident that we would make progress on our areas of focus. Tasha provided useful tips and tricks for us to use as a family and was willing to answer questions throughout and adjust the training plan as needed. In addition, working with Tasha over the course of a few months enabled us to see Seba’s progress and prioritize what we wanted to work on for our final sessions. Would highly recommend working with Tasha and Fearless Tails for your training needs!
Working with Tasha was such a wonderful experience. She is very positive, organized, caring, truly knowledgeable and understands dogs’ behaviours and everything. She taught and provided my family lots of information and techniques which really helped us understand our pup.( From puppy to adolescent phase) We are looking forward to work with her more in the future.
Thank you, Tasha.