Transforming Behaviour, Training with Compassion
Committed to providing our clients with fun and effective training solutions combined with the knowledge to confidently guide your dog through any situation, using methods you and your dog can feel good about.
Hi, I’m Tasha! I’m the owner here at Fearless Tails, and I have the pleasure of helping dedicated dog guardians transform challenges with their dogs into behaviour they can be proud of.
As a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner (KPA CTP), certified Separation Anxiety Professional (SAPT), and certified Family Dog Mediator (FDM). With a background in adult education, I’ve had the unique experience of training people and their dogs for over 17 years.
One of the things I’m most passionate about is helping dog guardians deepen their knowledge about canine behaviour, how to meet their dog’s needs, what motivates them, and how to put those elements to work to improve behaviour.
If you are looking for someone to help you show your dog who is the “alpha” or “the boss”, at the cost of their welfare; then I’m likely not the right trainer for you. But if you want to explore how your dog’s mental, emotional and physical wellbeing comes together with humane and effective training that you and your dog will enjoy, then I can’t wait to work with you!
With a commitment to force-free, positive reinforcement training, I promise to:
- Treat both you and your dog with compassion
- Always make sure you understand “why” behind the training we’re doing
- Customize training that respects your dog’s unique personality and well-being – no fear, intimidation, or pain will ever be used. We do not use or recommend slip, choke, prong or e-collars or vibration collars. We will support you if you are currently using one and wish to safely explore other training methods.
I’m so excited to have the opportunity to help you and your dog live a better life together.
If you have any questions about my qualifications or services, use the chat button on the screen, send me an email , or schedule a call.
Ready to train Fearlessly?
Select the option that’s right for you:
Training & Support for Anxious Dogs
Roaring to Relaxed
Comprehensive Training for Reactive Dogs
Less Stress Handling for Grooming, & Vet Visits
Private, Intensive Training
An accelerated path to behaviour change
Exclusive Puppy Training
Dedicated training for your puppy, no stress for you
Why Choose a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner?
A world-class education, experience, and a commitment to humane methods.
The Karen Pryor Academy is one of the most highly-regarded professional dog training programs in the world. Rooted in current behavioural science and positive reinforcement, KPA Certified Training Partners are able to solve complex behavior issues without the use of fear, pain, or intimidation.
When you hire a KPA Certified Training Partner, you receive:
- Instruction from a skilled professional versed in positive teaching & training techniques
- Peace of mind knowing you’ve hired a professional who has chosen to pursue education in an unregulated industry
- Customized training tailored to your specific needs & situation
- A commitment to teaching you and your dog using humane, force-free methods that lead to a lifelong bond with your dog
Essential to a well-adjusted, happy, & confident dog.
In an unregulated industry such as dog training, it’s important to understand the facts around methodology and the effects on your dog’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Both the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association and American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior have released statements addressing the benefits of humane training methods, and the unintended fallout of more “traditional” methods.